You can now add a feature to your Microsoft Access database that scans a document and saves it for easy retrieval later. By simply adding a button to one of your screens and adding some complex code behind the scenes, you can take anoher step towards a paperless office.
How it works:
- You click the "Scan" button on one of your Access screens (forms).
- A screen opens allowing you to choose where to save the document (usually on a central place on your server)
- Then your scanner screen will open (example below) allowing you to select your scanner options.
- Then you click the button to start the scan
- The document is scanned and saved on your server as a PDF file.
- A link to that docuemnt is automaticlly stored in your Access database for easy retrieval of the document later.
Your staff will no longer need to scan a document, manually save it to your server and then manually set a link to it in your database. Your documents will be stored on your server and linked in your database automatically saving lots of time.